- Outlook For Mac 2016 Unread Count Wrong Text
- Outlook For Mac 2016 Unread Count Wrong Version
- Outlook For Mac 2016 Unread Count Wrong Mail
Patch reliability is unclear. Unless you have an immediate, pressing need to install a specific patch, don't do it.
Outlook can only display either total number of messages or the number of unread messages for each folder. However, some folders, such as local folders (for POP email accounts), Drafts and Sent Items, the total items, unread items and/or header items in view can also be displayed in Status Bar. Inbox Showing 1 Unread email count in Outlook 2016, Even there is no unread email on OWA as well. Archived Forums Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus - Planning, Deployment, and Compatibility. Outlook 2019 on a PC has incorrect unread count, right? Please confirm that other devices (more than one) ALL have a correct unread count, then? And it’s specifically Outlook that has it wrong and not all the others? Is the unread count for main inbox only or aggregate across all folders? Office 365 for Mac, Outlook unread count wrong I recently received a new MacBook Pro and restored all of my previous applications and data from a Time Travel backup. One small issue that I noticed afterwards was that the Unread mail count (1) was incorrect, since even when I set a Filter to show only unread items there were no remaining mails.
Features not yet available in the new Outlook for Mac. There are several features that are available in the current version of Outlook for Mac for Office 365 that aren't yet available in the new Outlook experience. S/MIME - Now available in Beta Channel version 16.43.
Outlook incorrect unread email count
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago.
Having multiple domains/email accounts, I use Hmailserver (5.6.7) to download via POP and hold them with multiple accounts in one mail store. I have mail configured on Outlook2019, IPhone and IPad to retrieve email via IMAP. This allows me to view my incoming mail (as well as other folders) on all of my devices without worrying that mail is downloaded on one but not another. However, since upgrading to IOS 13 and IPADOS 13, the unread email count in Outlook consistently shows more unread emails than there are. Any ideas on how to resync the count, and keep it accurate?
So… the mails are on the Hmailserver, and all devices / applications access that via IMAP.
Outlook 2019 on a PC has incorrect unread count, right? Please confirm that other devices (more than one) ALL have a correct unread count, then? And it’s specifically Outlook that has it wrong and not all the others?
Is the unread count for main inbox only or aggregate across all folders? Because usually when these happen it’s the aggregate count, and happens because some application doesn’t count Junk folder, Trash folder, Drafts folder, or some such… or doesn’t even pull or check some folder or another from the server. (IMAP subscribed folders vs all folders, or special handling for some like Drafts or Junk or… Sync Errors)
Then I’ve also seen Outlook have a bug where it doesn’t sync status and flag updates for older messages in the mailbox. Standard mailbox repair usually but not always fixes that.
Worst case, might be necessary to recreate the profile in Outlook. Fortunately you can have multiple profiles so don’t have to remove the old one first.
I was able to remove the incorrect counts via the profile method. However, it appears that whenever I retrieve mail from my IPhone or IPad (not sure which at this point) the count goes incorrect again. Since IOS13 arrived at roughly the same time as my Windows 10 patched, I’m not sure who the culprit is. If I can’t live with it, I’ll just search for a client that handles IMAP better than Outlook as well as a calendar app to sync with ICloud.
I’ll just search for a client that handles IMAP better than Outlook as well as a calendar app to sync with ICloud.
Of those two, the former is trivial 😉 but the latter can be a bit of a challenge.
I’m told Thunderbird with a couple of add-ons should do it, though not having Apple devices or iCloud account, don’t have personal experience. (Add-ons being John Bieling’s TbSync and the CalDAV&CardDAV provider.)
How to show the number of unread items including subfolders in Outlook?
As we know, in Outlook the number beside folder name in Navigation Pane indicates how many unread items are there in the folder as right screenshot shown. However, the number does not plus the numbers of unread items in subfolders. But sometimes you just need to know the total number of unread items including subfolders, and how? Try below method:
- Show the number of unread items including subfolders with Kutools for Outlook
Show the number of unread items including subfolders in Outlook
Outlook For Mac 2016 Unread Count Wrong Text
This method will guide you to create a search folder to collect all unread items from the specified folder and its subfolders, and then show the total number of unread items in the search folder in Outlook.
1. Select the folder that you will show the number of unread items including the subfolders, and click Folder > New Search Folder.
2. In the New Search Folder, please click to highlight the Create a custom Search Folder option, and click the Choose button.
3. In the opening Custom Search Folder dialog box, please type a name for this new search folder in the Name box. See screenshot below:
4. Click the Criteria button to open the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, next go to the More Choices tab, check the Only items that are option, select unread from right drop down list, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
Outlook For Mac 2016 Unread Count Wrong Version
5. Now you return to the Custom Search Folder dialog box. Please click the Browse button to open the Select Folder(s) dialog box; next check the specified folder and Search subfolders option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Click OK > OK buttons to save the settings.
Now the new search folder is added in the Navigation pane, and the number beside the search folder indicates the total number of unread items in the specified folder and its subfolders. See screenshot:
Show the number of unread items including subfolders with Kutools for Outlook
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Statistics feature to quickly show the total number of all unread items in a folder including its subfolders in Outlook. Please do as follows: Note: This Statistics feature is new in Kutools for Outlook 8.00 which is being tested and will be released sooner.
Kutools for Outlook: Add more than 100 handy tools for Outlook, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Read More Free Trial Now
1. Click Kutools Plus > Statistics.
2. In the first Statistic dialog box, please only check the folder that you will count the total number of unread items including its subfolders, and click the OK button.
Note: By default, all folders are checked in the Statistics dialog box. You can uncheck them with right clicking any folder and selecting Uncheck All from the context menu.
And then you will see the total number of all unread items in the specified folder and its subfolders display at the top of the second Statistics dialog box. See screenshot:
Open dmg on windowsyellowalley. Kutools for Outlook: Add more than 100 handy tools for Outlook, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Read More Free Trial Now
Demo: count/show the number of unread items including subfolders in Outlook
Tip: In this Video, Kutools tab is added by Kutools for Outlook. If you need it, please click here to have a 60-day free trial without limitation!
Kutools for Outlook - Brings 100 Advanced Features to Outlook, and Make Work Much Easier!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features..
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features..
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject..
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All.. Quick Report, Count Selected Mails..
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts.. Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
Outlook For Mac 2016 Unread Count Wrong Mail
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.It's amazing that you have to jump through so many hoops to not even get the function we need: To simply show the total of mails in the folder+subfolders ON the actual folder
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.exactly.. that's terrible