- Microsoft provides the following development tools for VB.Net programming: Visual Studio 2010 (VS) Visual Basic 2010 Express (VBE) Visual Web Developer The last two are free. Using these tools, you can write all kinds of VB.Net programs from simple command-line applications to more complex applications. Visual Basic Express.
- What Visual Basic is not H Visual Basic is not, a powerful programming language that enables you to do anything you want. H Visual Basic is not, elegant or fast. H Visual Basic is not, a replacement for C. H Visual Basic is not, anything like any other programming language you have ever used.
- 1.4 The Programming Process 1.5 Visual Studio and Visual Basic Express (the Visual Basic Environment) Microsoft Visual Basic is a powerful software development system for creating applica-tions that run in Windows XP and Windows Vista. With Visual Basic, you can do the fol-lowing:. Create applications with graphical windows, dialog boxes.
Visual Studio 2010 Express works well by integrating the.NET Framework alongside the two supported programming languages: Visual Basic and C#. The suite is easy to use with a shallow learning curve to encourage the amateur user. Pro's: Basic suite that is easy to pick up. View Notes - Programming in Visual Basic 2010 - Julia Case Bradley, Anita Millspaugh.pdf from JAVA PROGR 108 at UCSI. PROGRAMMING IN VISUAL BASIC 2010 Julia Case Bradley M. Sdll 'ntt,nit, (.
This ebook is a quick introduction to Visual Basic.NET programming language. It explains the very basics of the language with screenshots showing what is expected to see during development process. This ebook is the result of combining a number of tutorials available on the site.
Topics included: Installation • Understanding the IDE • Understanding Buttons, and Textboxes • Dialogs and Menus • Understanding variables • Variables again, group box, list box • IF statement • FOR statement • Arrays • Collections • Functions • ByVal & ByRef • Subroutines • Do Loop • Structures • Modules • Classes • Classes Initialization and Finalization • Classes and Inheritance • Try & Catch.
Download Free PDF / Read Online
Published: October 2010
File size: 12.56 MB
Number of pages: 261
Download / View Link(s): PDF
Programming In Visual Basic 2010 Julia Case Bradley Anita Millspaugh Pdf
Visual Basic 2010 is the latest version of Visual Basic launched by Microsoft in 2010. VB2010 is almost similar to Visual Basic 2008, but it has added many new features. Like Visual Basic 2008 , Visual Basic 2010 is also a full fledged Object-Oriented Programming(OOP) Language, so it has caught up with other OOP languages such as C++, Java,C# and others.
However, you don't have to know OOP to learn VB2010. In fact, if you are familiar with Visual Basic 6, you can learn VB2010 effortlessly because the syntax and interface are similar. Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition is available free for download from the Microsoft site. Click on this link Visual Studio to download Vb2010. After installation, you need to register your copy of Visual Basic 2010 Express, otherwise, it will expire in 30 days. The registration is free provided you have a Microsoft account.
1.1 The Visual Basic 2010 Integrated Development Environment
Programming In Visual Basic 2010 Julia Case Bradley Pdf
The Integrated Development Environment when you launch VB2010 Express is shown in the diagram below. The IDE Start Page consists of a few sections, namely:
- The New Project/Open Project section.
- The Recent Projects section that shows a list of projects that have been created by you recently.
- The Getting Started Pane- It provides some helpful tips to quickly develop your applications.
- The Latest News section- It provides latest online news about Visual Basic 2010 Express. It will announce new releases and updates
- The Properties section
1.2 Creating Your First Application
Visual Basic Learning Pdf
To start creating your first application, you need to click on New Project. The following VB2010 New Project dialog box will appear.
The dialog box offers you five types of projects that you can create. As we are going to learn to create windows Applications, we will select Windows Forms Application.
At the bottom of this dialog box, you can change the default project name WindowsApplication1 to some other name you like, for exampe, myFirstProgram. After you have renamed the project, click OK to continue. The following IDE Windows will appear, it is almost similar to Visual Basic 6. It consists of an empty form, the toolbox tab and the properties. The layout is slightly different from vb2008 as the Toolbox is not shown until you click on the Toolbox tab.
When you click on the Toolbox tab, the common controls Toolbox will appear.
Now drag the button control into the form, and change its default Text Button1 to OK in the properties window, the word OK will appear on the button in the form, as shown below:
Next, click on the OK button and the code window appears. Enter the code as follows:
Visual Basic 2010 Programming Black Book Pdf Free Download
When you run the the program and click on the OK button, a dialog box will appear and display the 'WELCOME TO VISUAL BASIC 2010' message,as shown below: